[3830] CQ160 CW WB8JUI Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, therickman@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW WB8JUI Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 19:08:14 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: WB8JUI
Operator(s): WB8JUI
Station: WB8JUI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 625  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 10  Total Score = 94,578

Club:

Comments:

I was able to pull an all-nighter Friday night / Saturday morning and had a
pretty good QSO and multiplier count.  Guess I burned myself out, as I went to
bed at 0300Z Sunday and was unable to get up in time for the early morning
grayline opportunities.

Bob (K0RC) and I had another competitive run on the W1VE live scorecard.  It
continues to be a great motivational tool for me.  When I feel like packing it
in, I check to see if K0RC is still racking up the QSOs.  It gives me the
motivation I need to continue.  Why not give it a try?

My score is about the same as last year, even though I had roughly 100 more
contacts this year.  I was multiplier challenged, missing KH6, KL7, ND, ID, MB,
LB, NU, NWT, YT, as well as a lot of DX.  My total multiplier count was down 9
from last year.

Highlight(s)
Having CN2A answer my CQ.
Working MT 4 times (the only state I missed last year).

Lowlight(s)
Needing KH6 - KH6AT was S6, but working S&P.
High precipitation static Sunday.
Having a friend call after the contest to tell me UT3UA had spotted me on
packet.  Unfortunately, I did not hear or work him.

Sorry to those I couldn't pull through.  I have work to do on my receiving
situation.  Also, an apology to the four stations I duped.  My mind did some
strange things with CW translation as I was dozing off.

Thanks to all for the QSOs!

73 - Rick WB8JUI
IC746Pro
Inverted L @ 50 feet