[3830] CQ160 CW N4KG Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N4KG@AOL.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N4KG Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 20:49:05 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N4KG
Operator(s): N4KG +PACKET
Station: N4KG

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: ALA
Operating Time (hrs): 9

Total:  QSOs = 340  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 41  Total Score = 125,712

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Started out doing S&P with 100W but turned on AMP for DX and Saturday Night 1
hour RUN.

Worked All 50 States + DC for the first time in a long time, picking up SC, ID,
and ND in Saturday night's run.  Apparently I should have tried more running to
Europe as several called in Saturday night including LA,SM,OH, and several DL,G
stations.

Best openings to Europe were from 0600 to 0800Z Both Nights but even then
signals were typically 339 to 559 in Alabama.  Best DX was ST2A for an All Time
New One after missing ST0RY (Long Story but found my GP favored NW due to
parasitic effect of another tower.  Put up an Inverted L to favor the East the
following week!)

Pileup behavior was the WORST I've ever experienced in a contest.  The
ALLIGATORS have taken over 160 Meters.  Continuous Calling and deliberately
breaking up other peoples QSO's is uncalled for.

Tom N4KG