[3830] CQ160 CW K5GO(@N5ECT/WD5R) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5go@cox.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K5GO(@N5ECT/WD5R) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 08:30:33 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K5GO
Operator(s): K5GO
Station: N5ECT/WD5R

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ARKANSAS
Operating Time (hrs): 30

Total:  QSOs = 1347  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 49  Total Score = 425,004

Club:

Comments:

I had a great time operating and spending the weekend at the N5ECT/WD5R QTH.
Doug and Marlene are fine folks and it would be fun being there even if the
station wasn't equipped with a dozen beverages in a quiet location.  Score was
approximately the same as last year.

Most of the receiving the first night was on a modified R-4C.  I guess I never
got used to a transceiver after using C lines for so many years, not muting the
receiver, and knowing exactly where I was transmitting relative to stations
calling.  The downside to listening to your own signal is having the volume
turned up listening for those weak ones and your own signal pounding the ear
drums all night. I wanted to preserve what hearing I still have and moved
forward in technology the second night to just using the IC-765.

The activity level from JA is not what I would expect.  On occasion a JA would
call with a very good signal - but never even a small pileup.

The highlight was a little run of Europeans Saturday night that lasted about an
hour. 101 Europeans in the total log and about half of them in that time
period.

73...Stan, K5GO