[3830] CQ160 CW K7TJR(K7ZUM) Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K7TJR(K7ZUM) Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 10:14:14 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K7TJR
Operator(s): K7ZUM
Station: K7TJR

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 24.5

Total:  QSOs = 841  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 19  Total Score = 179,512

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Got off to a great start with S/P. It took a while before K7ZUM could drive the
150 miles from his work to get here to take over the OP chair. We have never
used a spotting Rx and will be looking to do that next year. All the Rx
antennas seemed to be working well. I guess I needed more potassium or
something this year as I had a hard time dealing with the normal things like
frequency fights and people that just will not stop transmitting right over the
top of DX stations. I was really pleased with all the stations from KH6, V73,
ZL,and 50 Ja's this year. All the Rx antenna work payed off. Ken could not be
here for the second night so at 4:00 a.m. local I folded up and gave up and was
not there for the Sunday sunrise.  Our States and Countries were up but overall
Q's were down for a lower score this year. Just a thought but if some of you
guys would just back off a little and stop transmitting the DX stations could
work many times over more stations.