[3830] NA Sprint CW K3STX LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k3stx@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW K3STX LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 15:44:24 -0800
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: K3STX
Operator(s): K3STX
Station: K3STX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 3

   80:   88       2
   40:   27     0.5
   20:   15     0.5
---------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC - The Gang of Two

Comments:

I knew things weren't looking good when my 40/20 dipole fell out of the tree
this week. So I was stuck running LP with my multiband ladder-line fed-dipole
and 80 M vertical. 20 was horrible here, it was slow from the start, few
stations in my 30 min of operating. After tucking in kids for the night, back
on at 0130 to find very very little activity on 40 M; what happened! I really
lost it on 40 M, I guess everyone was working each other while I was tucking in
the kids. 80 was good, but too much QRN and many weak stations that my vertical
just couldn't pick up.

I was hoping to crack the 200 Q mark, maybe next year. Our here in Maryland
this seems like a 2 band contest. Thanks for a great time, it sure is fun.
Never even heard another Maryland station, was I the only one?

paul