[3830] RTTY WPX WW4LL M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, fdennin@numail.org
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX WW4LL M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 06:41:56 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: WW4LL
Operator(s): WW4LL, KI5XP, K4ZJ, WF4W, K4AQ, K9JS, K5ZM, NN4RR
Station: WW4LL

Class: M/M HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 48

   80:  504  1278
   40:  845  3048
   20:  878  1906
   15:  360   821
   10:    4     7
-----------------
Total: 2589  7051  Prefixes = 730  Total Score = 5,147,230

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to everyone that contacted us and to everyone for their patience in
asking for repeats.  15 was up and down and we lost the designated 15 meter
antenna just as 15 opened Sat. morning.

It was a real pleasure operating with Charlie, KI5XP who most in the RTTY
community know, is a very skilled operator.  I think we picked up on one or two
of Charlie's secrets but he obviously didn't share them all :)

We assembled a good group of ops together and this was the first 48 hour test
of the new antenna system recently installed principally by NN4RR with
assistance by K4WZ and W4BW.  I should also say that I had emergency gall
bladder surgery Tues. and had planned on performing last minute antenna work
that morning.  While I was in surgery, NN4RR and K4WZ continued on with the
antenna work which turned out to be a lifesaver on 15 after the primary antenna
failed.  A big thank you to both of them.

N1MM performed flawlessly for us and too, was the first 48 hour test of this
software since changing from WL.  Tom, N1MM responded directly to a question
that we posed on the reflector the morning of the contest.  It doesn't get any
better than that.  A big thanks to Dennis, K4ZJ, who has become our resident
N1MM expert.

Oh, and regardless of recent posts this weekend......RTTY ROCKS!!

73'.....Fred WW4LL