[3830] PACC N8II SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] PACC N8II SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 10:11:10 -0800
                    Dutch PACC Contest

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 6.5

  160:    0      0      0
   80:    7      6      9
   40:   29      0     10
   20:   22    217     12
   15:   17      5     10
   10:    0      0      0
---------------------------
Total:   75    228     41  Total Score = 12,423

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I had commitments to take the dog to the veterinarian and to attend a
 fund raiser dinner in the evening, so activity was limited. Propagation
 was very limited on 15M and band didn't open until around 14Z, but 20 was
 great throughout the morning with perhaps the best condx around 16Z when
 I had to quit to take the dog. In about 3 hours 45 minutes, I worked
 over 260 stations with 240 on 20M, incredible activity! By 21Z, 1 hour
 45 minutes before sunset, 40 was open well enough to work the big guns and
 by 22Z everyone was workable, but activity was poor and I received very
 few answers to CQ's, quit at 2235Z for the dinner. I returned after 03Z
 to find 80M open well, but only managed a few QSO's; I tried CQ's with
 no luck. I almost got out of bed at 06Z, but just a bit too weary to try.
 Nothing was heard on 160 except a few Eu and YW0DX for a new one, no PACC
 activity.
   This is more a phenomenon than a contest, amazing to work over 250
 unique calls from a country probably smaller than my native West Virginia.
 Ham radio is alive and well in the Netherlands! I am guessing that the
 PD0 prefix calls are new to HF, I worked many of them. Many thanks for
 the calls, I spent almost all of the first 3.75 hours CQ'ing.