[3830] ARRLDX CW K2TA SOSB/40 QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k2ta@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K2TA SOSB/40 QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 16:12:57 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K2TA
Operator(s): K2TA
Station: K2TA

Class: SOSB/40 QRP
QTH: NY
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:
   80:
   40:  184    67
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  184    67  Total Score = 36,984

Club: Hudson Valley Contesters and DXers

Comments:

This was the most fun with QRP I've had in a contest!   The 3 element wire yagi
toward EU worked great but could not hear many Carribeans.  Put up a last
minute 1/4 wave ground plane 20ft off the ground and picked up a few mults down
south.   Thanks always to ZL3WW and KH6LC for my only Pacific QSO's.  Those guys
have great ears!  Surprised to work OX3XR and TA3D in pileups with the big boys.
 UU2CW had nice 579 5W signal all weekend but never heard him CQ...would like to
have worked him.  Glad 4U1UN jumped to 40M at 3:30PM ET for some local
QSO's...thanks guys for the mult!

Rig: Elecraft K2 running 5W
Ant: 3 element wire yagi at 35ft and 1/4 wave GP at 20ft
RX Ant: 2 element crossed K9AY loops
Software: N1MM Contest Logger (My first contest with it..worked great!)

73 de Tom K2TA
Greenwood Lake, NY