[3830] ARRLDX CW I2/K5GN SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mccarty@hal-pc.org
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW I2/K5GN SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 16:56:38 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: I2/K5GN
Operator(s): K5GN
Station: I2/K5GN

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Milan Italy
Operating Time (hrs): 4

  160:
   80:
   40:   40    17
   20:   62    26
   15:   13    10
   10:
-------------------
Total:  115    53  Total Score = 18,126

Club:

Comments:

Apartment station with dipole hung from balcony and very few feet from the
concrete/steel building.  Wish I had the roof top!!!

Condx on Sunday sounded good so I pulled away from other activities to spend a
few hours trying to get a few answers.  Increased the number of QSOs in the
station log for 2007 by a factor of almost 20.

Some of you people need to wean yourselves off of Super Check Partial.  Several
times a station would have parts of my call, then select a callsign from SCP
that rejected half of what he had already heard.  This wastes your time and
mine, lids.  Use your ears not your eyes.

Speaking of ears, the best ears relative to signal goes to AA1K.  Best signals
were from K3LR, most of the time, but W3BGN was louder sometimes, and W4RM was
one of the few to move the s-meter on 15m.

Some very good signals out of the Northeast.  Best DX was K5GO, though I heard
an Oklahoma and Texas station who were moving up the band with me.

Also heard E21EIC, 4K9W, 4Z5LA, and TA3D coming in nicely from the other side
of the building.  Too bad I couldn't work them.

CUL

Dave K5GN