[3830] ARRLDX CW PJ4/KU8E SOSB/160 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ku8e@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW PJ4/KU8E SOSB/160 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 18:57:18 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: PJ4/KU8E
Operator(s): KU8E
Station: PJ4/KU8E

Class: SOSB/160 HP
QTH: Bonaire
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:  680    58
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  680    58  Total Score = 118,320

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

I know.. I must have been crazy to do 160 single band from the Carribean. My
main purpose on this trip was to help my friend K4BAI (PJ4A) prepare for the
contest. I decided at the last minute to do 160 single band since the South
America record seemed to be within easy reach. It took just about 6 hours to
break that record. Thanks to Noah, K2NG, for suggesting the beverage down the
road behind the towers. This road ran down into a valley with cliffs blocking
all directions except for the USA. We ran a 500 foot beverage down it. All I
can say is it was amazing how well this antenna worked. It was by far the best
RCV antenna I have used since I have been coming to this QTH.

  I also made about about 1000 more QSO's on the other bands on Sunday. The
rates were high since I was a new station for everyone to work. I am sorry
about  my sudden QSY's in the middle of a pileup. PJ4A had priority on which
band to operate and I had to QSY so I would not effect John's effort.

Thanks for the QSO's and to K2NG for the use of his fine station. Hopefully we
will be back next year.

Jeff  KU8E