[3830] ARRLDX CW DL1IAO(@DL0WW) SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW DL1IAO(@DL0WW) SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 02:16:38 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: DL1IAO
Operator(s): DL1IAO
Station: DL0WW

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: SW Germany
Operating Time (hrs): 20

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 1185    58
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total: 1185    58  Total Score = 206,190

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

TS870 + Alpha87, WT v3.8.4 on HP Omnibook XE3
4L M2 @27m

QRZ VE4?

Didn´t feel like going through a 40+ hours dx contest after a busy week, so
headed for some daylight 20m fun.  On Saturday condx were mediocre at best but
stretched out somewhat to the west on Sunday.  At some point westcoast signals
were quite reasonable but the volume wasn´t there.

Some guys really showed off poor manners and CQ´ed on top over and over again.
 On Sunday things settled down a bit and I was a happy contester for hours with
J7OJ and W2ZQ effectively blocking my frequency to the left and right
respectively - nice!

The best moment in ARRL DX always happens when showing up really late with a
fresh call.  A 180-hour on 40/80m sure seemed a bit unreal from Germany!

73,

Stefan
DL1IAO@contesting.com
http://www.dl1iao.com