[3830] ARRLDX CW N1IW SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1iw@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N1IW SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 09:04:38 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N1IW
Operator(s): N1IW
Station: N1IW

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 33
Radios: SO2R

  160:   74    45
   80:  276    71
   40:  660    90
   20:  732    94
   15:  293    77
   10:    2     2
-------------------
Total: 2037   379  Total Score = 2,306,973

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

2xFT-2000 + Aplha 87A & PW1
3 over 3 SteppIRs for 20-15-10 at 35' and 90'
2 ele M2 on 40M at 60' fixed on Eu
264' OCFD for 160M/80M at 80'
40M dipole at 70', N-S broadside
500' NE/SW beverage

Maximize the fun factor... That's what it's all about for me, and the needle
was again pegged most of the weekend! Except for a quirky power mains problem
on Saturday morning during prime 20M run time (more on that another time...),
the station ran flawlessly. First time playing with SO2R (2xFT-2000) and
haven't worked out all of the bugs yet, but it was interesting being able to
work mults/stations on a different band from where I was running. Not quite
ready for dueling CQs yet, HI. But by the end of the contest I was feeling
fairly comfortable with keeping the left and right ear information seperate.
Run radio was always in the left ear cuz radio is physically in front of me and
to the left of the second radio so it was easy to keep things straight. I am
naturally right handed, although I send CW with my left hand. So I wonder if
this matters. Hey SO2R guys, does this make a difference?

Highlights: Running JAs on 20M on Saturday evening (man they were LOUD) and
having some nice Pacific mults drop by. Working a VK on 40M in the middle of
running Europe. Performance of the FT-2000s under contest conditions.

Thanks again for a great ride and see you all in SSB!

Best 73, de Mike, N1IW