[3830] ARRLDX CW K1BX SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K1BX SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 11:26:54 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K1BX
Operator(s): K1BX
Station: K1BX

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 15.37

  160:    0     0
   80:   63    36
   40:   76    37
   20:  576    79
   15:  190    60
   10:    5     4
-------------------
Total:  910   216  Total Score = 589,680

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Had no plans to operate as I had not been able to turn the beam towards EU for
weeks. Suddenly, at 2330 Friday night, the beam rotated to 45 degrees. It was
not ice or a snagged cable, hmmm. So as not to tempt fate, I never rotated the
beam east of North - and probably missed nothing.

I have seen my scores listed on the CQ-Contest reflector in comparison to SOAB
LP scores. There is no point in this. I have only a tribander and wires and no
time to operate > 45 hours (4 kids, etc). So my score is not an optimum
SOAB(A)LP score. I don't care if SOAB(A)LP is a "real" category or not. I
operate DX Tests for club points and fun, and club points. I went years without
packet (S DAK & no telnet) and have only had it for the past couple of years. I
won't use an amplifier due to my XYL's pacemaker (just like the 70s & 80s when
my Dad had one, K1LL). I am competitive in US tests. And if I ever get the
XM240 up, I may compete as SOAB LP. 73, art ;-)

160 broken
80  INV Vee
40  AV-640
20-10 X7@60'