[3830] ARRLDX CW C6APG(K4PG) SOSB/80 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4pg@adelphia.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW C6APG(K4PG) SOSB/80 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 15:42:47 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: C6APG
Operator(s): K4PG
Station: C6APG

Class: SOSB/80 LP
QTH: Bahamas
Operating Time (hrs): 25

  160:
   80: 1236    58
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total: 1236    58  Total Score = 215,064

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

S5 to S7 noise limited my ability to work the weak ones.  Four power failures
were offset by the new standby generator which fired up within ten seconds of a
failure.  The last failure lasted over and hour and 40 minutes.  I may have made
a mistake quitting at 4 a.m. on Sunday morning, although from the other posts it
may not have made much of a difference.  No stations to work, many dupes, and
yes, low power and a dipole, even at 100 feet, was not enough.  In any case, I
would do it again.  It was fun and N4BP (who holds the 80 meter record...did
not check my transmission coax for a pin) and N8PR did set new records on their
bands.  Next year! Congrats to the others who toughed it out on 80 meters.
Thanks to all of the stations who did work me.  I am grateful to them for
keeping me awake. I bought a new rig for the contest this year, an IC 746Pro.
thanks to Pete, N8PR for the lessons on it use!
73 de Kevin K4PG / C6APG