[3830] ARRLDX CW V31TP M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rb@austin.rr.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW V31TP M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 04:19:45 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: V31TP
Operator(s): WC0W, K5PI, W5ZL, AB5K
Station: V31TP

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: San Ignacio, Belize
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  433    56
   80: 1068    59
   40: 1690    59
   20: 1961    60
   15: 1762    59
   10:  144    32
-------------------
Total: 7058   325  Total Score = 6,881,550

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks very much to John, WC0W/V31TP for inviting us rowdy Texans to join him.
We couldn't have had a better time.

We had a TA-33 and a C-3, a 40/80 inverted vee, a 40 dipole, a commercial
vertical modified for 160, and a 400 foot beverage.  The antennas were set up
on a steep hillside overlooking San Ignacio, in western Belize.  We has an
IC-756 with an FL-2100, and an IC-756 Pro III with an AL-811.

We were really hoping to may more hay on 10M.  But by the end of Saturday,
weâ??d eked out a couple dozen Qs and 9 mults.  Then on Sunday, things opened
up for a little over an hour on Sunday about noon.  We had solid sigs from
California, and very up and down signals from everywhere else.  We kept trying
that afternoon, but couldn't make anything happen.

Thanks again to John and to all the folks at Cahal Pech hotel for the great
time.  Thanks also to N2LA and KI5DR for equipment.

Robert K5PI