[3830] ARRLDX CW KH7X(KH6ND) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW KH7X(KH6ND) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 01:07:36 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KH7X
Operator(s): KH6ND
Station: KH6YY

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Hawaii
Operating Time (hrs): 43
Radios: SO2R

  160:  317    52
   80:  635    57
   40: 1291    59
   20:  979    59
   15: 1428    59
   10:  237    39
-------------------
Total: 4887   325  Total Score = 4,764,825

Club:

Comments:

A big mahalo! to the following 46 stations worked on all 6 bands:

K0TO        W0UCE       N0NI        NQ4I        N0IJ        K1TTT
W0AIH       K3LR        K3CR        N3AD        W3LPL       W0ETT
K6LRN       K5KLA       K5GO        N6AA        WI7N        N5AW
VE7XF       W2FU        VE5UF       NR4M        K0KX        N6EM
N7IR        K6XX        W3PP        W6EMC       N3BB        K9NR
K2NG        W2UP        N4TB        WB8JUI      VC6T        WA0MHJ
KR4F        W3DQ        AA7A        K8AZ        N7CW        N7ZG
K1ZZ        W6BO        N4DW        K9NW

More highlights:

218 contacts in one clock hour on 80m the first night. This is a
personal and station record from here in ARRL DX CW.

Best 60 minutes 257/hour (15m).

Best 30 minutes 280/hour (15m).

A rare sunspot cycle bottom - 10m opening from this far west to
most of North America on Sunday morning for 2+ hours... yeah!

Every multiplier move successful except one. My thanks to
all that made the moves. Special kudos to VO1HP, who went from
80m to 40m with me, and then to 160m where I heard him calling
for a full 6 minutes, but he just couldn't seem to pull me through.
A very generous effort, Bob, you've got the spirit...

Lowlights:

Having to climb 90'up the 40m tower to fix a problem during the
26th hour in 40mph gusts. Lost over 100 QSO's and some
valuable energy here...

Horrific long duration local static crashes for 7 hours on
the second night, rendering 160m useless for this period.
80m almost as bad. This made for a very long. slow evening.

But, overall, this was ONE FUN weekend for this op, boys and girls.

Many thanks, to all that participated.

CW is alive, and more than well.

And to Alex, KH6YY, gracias amigo, for continuing the tradition.

Aloha -

KH6ND

Okay Johnnie-boy, we're ready to hear from you.