[3830] ARRLDX CW VP9/W6PH(@VP9GE) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW VP9/W6PH(@VP9GE) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 07:27:04 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: VP9/W6PH
Operator(s): W6PH
Station: VP9GE

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Bermuda
Operating Time (hrs): 38

  160:  348    53
   80:  557    57
   40:  951    58
   20: 1387    59
   15:  583    52
   10:   31    13
-------------------
Total: 3857   292  Total Score = 3,378,732

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Equipment:  IC-7000  CT9
Antennas:  160-Inverted L (50 ft vertical)
            80-Inverted L (30 ft vertical wire attached to 40m vertical)
            40-Aluminum vertical
            20-10 A4S at 30 feet

My thanks again to my gracious host, Ed, VP9GE.  This is my seventh year of
operating from his QTH.

I thought conditions on the low bands were as good as it gets.  I only missed a
couple available multipliers on 160m.  But where were the VE4s.  I only worked
one on all the bands.  Ten meters provided some interesting contacts, very weak
mid-Atlantic and New England plus a loud NK7U and a couple southwest stations.
I tried moving a couple W6s to no avail.  I don't have the same propagation on
the high bands that the Caribbean stations enjoy and miss out on the east coast
on 15m and 10m which my numbers reflect.

No Murphy's whatsoever except I seem to have one less hour of operating each
year.  I'll be back for the ARRL SSB.      Kurt, W6PH