[3830] NAQP RTTY K0UK Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ukbrown@aol.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY K0UK Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 13:27:52 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY

Call: K0UK
Operator(s): K0UK
Station: K0UK

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Colorado
Operating Time (hrs): 9.54hr

   80:   99    34
   40:  173    43
   20:  188    37
   15:   35    15
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  496   130  Total Score = 64,480

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Team:

Comments:

This has been a fun and interesting weekend. I want to really thank the
following two wonderful friends in K0RFD Ralph and WA0RSX Carson for helping me
get set up again for this contest.
 Carson worked with Ralph and I over the phone and Ralph came over to help me
thru getting the new updates to N1MM all going. I had downloaded the full
version when I didnt have too and that caused some problems. Plus we set things
up as SO1R the SO2R stuff will have to wait.
 I had a goal of 500+ Q's at first and wasnt sure of where the mults or
sections would be. Missed the 500 by not taking good breaks and some errors in
how I was operating. These will be smoothed out as I get more accustomed to the
protocol.
 Here is my score and I will put it on 3830 and fwd to GMCC reflector.

496 X 130 = 64,480

Band breakdown
band      Q     M
80mtrs   99    34
40mtrs  173   43
20mtrs  188   37
15mtrs   35   15
10mtrs    1     1
Total    496   130

Made the sweep with WA0RSX up to 20mtrs. Figured I would find him or K0RFD who
live just about around the block from me on the lower bands.
 Did 20mtrs till I started to S&P then went back to 15mtrs for more calling and
some coming back but mostly S&P. Back to 20mtrs. Should have stayed on 20mtrs
longer 21:00Z I started to look at 40mtrs. At about 22:00Z I went to 40mtrs
thinking I could get a run freq and hold it but the well wasnt full..Went back
to 20mtrs and basically did the same thing. Call and no one coming back so S&P
and about 23:00Z went to 40mtrs and stayed thinking I could get over 200 Q from
40mtrs before I had to go to my worst band 80mtrs. So it was a back and forth
between 80mtrs and 40mtrs for the rest of the contest..
 Looking back on it..Should have started on 15mtrs run as much as possible
before going to 20mtrs...same with 40mtrs and 80mtrs.
 Once you get accustomed to SO2R you miss the look see as far as what the other
bands are doing. Sort of jumping blind and going back blind.
 Nuff said..Had fun but got up this morning with a crook in my neck from having
to look more intently at the screen to see what is coming across...
 I worked about all the GMCC guys on some band. K6XT, K0FX, WT9Q, K0RFD, W0LSD
Oh...Ken you were rackem up on 20mtrs..called several times but I was just in
the mix master..WA0RSX, K0RFD and W7WHY Tom from Oregon who had a wonderful
signal in to western Colo...Thanks Tom for coming aboard. Joe K8FC we missed
you but family comes first and thats the bottom line...see you in the next
one..
 Also worked KT0DX, AB0LR and W0RAA  with PPDXG Teams...Dick I think not sure I
need to look at the logs  more carefully to see if I did work Dick...Any way it
was fun and got me in the dog house with the XYL since I didnt get to go with
her to the gym  hmmm...

Now for the tale of the tape See ya..PTL bill brown K0UK