[3830] NAQP RTTY KG5U Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kg5u@hal-pc.org
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY KG5U Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 14:36:38 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY

Call: KG5U
Operator(s): KG5U
Station: KG5U

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 8

   80:   48    24
   40:   36    16
   20:  181    36
   15:   38    12
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  303    88  Total Score = 46,664

Club:

Team: Austin Powers Dogpile

Comments:

This was my first real venture into RTTY contesting.  It was very interesting.
The software used was MixW and I've got mixed feelings about it.  But, then,
I've only been using it for less than 90 days now and still have a lot to learn
about it, especially with regards to setting it up for contest logging.

Initially, I was using the mouse extensively to key the message/macro buttons
and highlighting and double-clicking on the name-state reports to get them up
into the exchange received field.  Then, I realized it was just a lot easier to
type it all in myself and use the F-keys for sending.  That seems to streamline
things and make not only the QSO go smoother, but reduce the stress level.

I ran my radio at 30 watts out throughout the contest.  With one or two
exceptions, everyone I called heard me.  With only a half-dozen exceptions,
everyone copied my exchange on the first transmission.  How much to attribute
to RTTY and how much to attribute to the logging software helping, I don't
know.

I'm looking forward to the next RTTY NAQP, now.