[3830] CQ160 SSB KR2Q Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB KR2Q Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 16:50:56 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: KR2Q
Operator(s): KR2Q
Station: KR2Q

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: FN20ru (NJ)
Operating Time (hrs): 1:22

Total:  QSOs = 46  State/Prov = 17  Countries = 1  Total Score = 1,980

Club:

Comments:

This was about as limited an operation as you can get.  I operated in 10
different "on" time segments across both days.  Average "on" time was 8.2
minutes per "on time" with longest "on time" of 19 minutes and shortest "on"
time of just one minute.  LOL

Had a really hard time working anybody at all.  Even had several comments from
those I did work, such as, "boy, you're really weak" or the real killer,
"you're usually not this weak."

After Saturday sunrise and after breakfast, I went outside and noted the
inverted V resting on the roof!  Too funny.  Well, that explained a lot...or so
I thought.  Had about the same luck after getting the antenna back into position
(ie, off of the roof).

Weird condx (while I was on).  Most locals couldn't hear me; not even a "is
someone calling me?"  while others in VA or ONT heard me on my first call
(several others).  Even worked C6 on one call.  Go figure.  Hope I added to the
winner's total.

Rig:  FT817, hand mic, 1/2 wave wire (inv V?) apex at 45 feet, ends just off
the ground.

de Doug KR2Q