[3830] ARRLDX CW ZL3WW SOSB/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dule.zl3ww@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW ZL3WW SOSB/40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 03:07:34 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: ZL3WW
Operator(s): ZL3WW
Station: ZL3WW

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: auckland
Operating Time (hrs): 21

  160:
   80:
   40: 1388    55
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total: 1388    55  Total Score = 229,020

Club: SKY Contest Club

Comments:

This was my first ARRL from this side of the world.
Iâ??ve started the contest half-hour late â?? I was not aware that the US
guys can be
worked already from 16:00 local time. First pause from 09:00 â?? 09:30 was
due to
the problem in the second IF filter (solder joint) and the first night
finished with
940 contacts.
Iâ??ve started the second day right on time and Iâ??ve been doing just fine
until 00:00 when
I got thirsty and reached for the bottle (not actually looking) and
swallowed two sips
of nitro-resin instead of the coca-cola, that was sitting next to it.
For the following two and a half
hours (and you canâ??t even imagine how I felt during that time) Iâ??ve kept
on going half-drunk -
half-conscious; I am not sure how to define mine state of mind during
that timeâ?¦
The end of the contest saw 1388 valid qsos and 55 multipliers with over
100 dupes (some stations
called me 4 times, so for me it was easier just to work them again, then
to explain that we had
qso before etc.).
The equipment is more or less standard: TS930s + KNTD400, first time
with the new antennae:
3el full size for 40m at 20m high tower (soon to be 25m for the phone
part), which was working
so much better than the GP, that these two canâ??t even be compared.
Also, I am grateful to my principal club YU1EXY (a.k.a. 4O1A, YT0A)
where Iâ??ve gained substantial
experience and the knowledge necessary for this achievement.
Finally, I wish to thank everyone who called and (eventually) made
contact with me
and I certainly hope to see you in the phone part of the contest.

Cheers, Dule ZL3WW & YZ1WW