[3830] ARRLDX SSB WX3B M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wx3b@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB WX3B M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 16:58:25 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: WX3B
Operator(s): WX3B, N3YIM
Station: WX3B

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:   32    26
   80:   99    54
   40:  103    56
   20: 1046   104
   15:  124    60
   10:   15     8
-------------------
Total: 1419   308  Total Score = 1,311,156

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Great fun - was joined by N3YIM on Sunday morning as cherry picked 20 meters for
countries.  This is a great warm-up for a semi-serious effort in the CQ WPX SSB
contest at the end of this month, where I plan to be on full time.

It was enjoyable, as always to rag chew on packet with friends during the
contest...W4MYA...N3KS....K3OO....N3RS.....W3LPL....and others.

20 Meters was pretty busy and was a bottomless pit of EU until LATE in the
afternoon.  That was very refreshing hearing loud EUs past 4:00pm.  I also was
still hearing EU on 15m after noon - however CQing produced only limited
results.  There were some LOUD JA's calling, even with 100 watts - but not a
high density of them like I would have expected.

10 meters was a (bad) joke, and you truly need some HEIGHT to deal with those
conditions.

73 to all & see you in the WPX Contests!

Jim  WX3B