[3830] ARRLDX SSB W2IRT SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w2irt@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB W2IRT SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 17:29:00 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W2IRT
Operator(s): W2IRT
Station: W2IRT

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 14.62

  160:   11     9
   80:   73    46
   40:   76    46
   20:  263    80
   15:  103    53
   10:    3     3
-------------------
Total:  529   237  Total Score = 376,119

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Got back from C6A Saturday afternoon and didn't get to the radio till about
0200Z Sunday. I played for about 4 hours, got some dearly-needed shuteye. I got
back to it around 1400z Sunday, after which I operated continuously until the
end.

80 was in good pretty shape on Saturday night and I was able to pick it clean
pretty quickly. On the other hand, this is the worst I've seen 15 in a long
time, and a fresh batch of sunspots will be welcomed with open arms. 10 was
closed for all intents and purposes this far north; every hour I checked from
.300 to .500 and back down, and I think I only heard maybe 5 stations the whole
time.

As usual, the JAs, PYs and LUs were loud in the late afternoon and didn't
disappoint, although I didn't work any JAs on 15. On the other hand, sigs to EU
were horrible compared to ARRL-SSB last March and CQWW last fall. I couldn't get
a run of more than 2 or 3 going, so I gave up the thought of that and stuck to
P&S/S&P the whole time. In fact, I've had better "runs" of point-and-shoot than
I've had actual running for the last couple of years' worth of big contests. My
cluster connection stayed up the whole time with no problems and N1MM did
yeoman's work, as usual (though some pilot error made 40 harder than it should
have been).

All in all a lot of fun and if I can operate both days next year, I hope condx
will allow for a much better score.