[3830] ARRLDX SSB KL7RA SOSB/80 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kl7ra@ptialaska.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB KL7RA SOSB/80 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 18:06:49 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KL7RA
Operator(s): KL7RA
Station: KL7RA

Class: SOSB/80 HP
QTH: ALASKA
Operating Time (hrs): 15

  160:
   80:  467    50
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  467    51  Total Score = 70,050

Club:

Comments:

Topband didn't sound very good so decided to try 80 single band using
the new 4 sqr. Being fresh meat brought a 220 hour which was fun for
a change. Did get another FB opening to the East Sunday morning which
filled in a lot of states. Tried calling in the new band below 3.7 but
no luck. Might take a few years for everyone to drift down and start
working Europe there. Did some sweeps of 160 to hand out the mult but
did get requests for 40 so maybe that band wasn't very active from
Alaska for some reason. Operating 80 from the new QTH here in Kenai
is like day and night from operating 80 from the Arctic. I haven't
really had the 80 meter band for contesting in over 30 years so this
is a special treat to actually hear and work people on the band. Then
to be told I'm really loud by a lot of stations from all over the US
was an extra kick. 73 Rich KL7RA