[3830] ARRLDX SSB LN3Z(LA6YEA) SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, la6yea@yahoo.no
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB LN3Z(LA6YEA) SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 10:21:17 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: LN3Z
Operator(s): LA6YEA
Station: LA3Z

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 20

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 1217    60
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total: 1217    60  Total Score = 218,880

Club: Lima Alfa Contest Club

Comments:

Strange condx first day. Band closed very early, even though the A and K index
stayed on low levels. SFI at 73 is baaad !! Managed to work all us states THE
FIRST DAY. This is great. Only missed 3 provinces, but I don`t think they
entered the contest.

Second day started slowly. Was attempted pull out of the contest when passing
1000 qsos. Then at around 1800z the band really opened up. This is typical for
the start of unsettled geomagnetic field, and two hours later - not a sound on
the band. Two great hours though

Never managed to have a decent run into call area 5-6 or 7. I guess thats why
the LA best score 20 sosb did survive this one. Looking forward to have some
sunpots back......

I did note a couple off EU callsigns in my memory. They are from south east EU.
What the heck is the point of beeing 10 khz wide, 20db over, laying 1 khz below
me and trying to make me move, when I been there for some hours ????? I know
there is no such thing as a "free frequency" in theese contests. One other
thing - at least 20 hams from the same country called for a qso !! In the
middle of a good run. My god, what is the requrements for beeing licensed in
theese countries ? I`m very attempted to mention callsigns.....

I never worked a contest with so much splatter and qrm. 20m was of course the
only band option for some hours, and there was just not space enough. When 15m
opened a lot of guys qsyed there, and I noticed quite an improvement on 20m. It
was so bad that I at one point just hoped nobody answerd my cq calls, and
spotted me with "no ears" or "deaf" hi :))

A lot of fun though. Thanks for all the qsos, and looking forward to the next
one. Have a look at our webpage:  http://www.la3z.no/

73 Paul LA6YEA