[3830] ARRLDX SSB K7RL SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K7RL SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 11:50:47 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K7RL
Operator(s): K7RL
Station: K7RL

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 41

  160:   20    17
   80:  105    41
   40:  269    54
   20: 1173   106
   15:  250    49
   10:    9     5
-------------------
Total: 1826   272  Total Score = 1,490,016

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

I read an article recently that predicted March 2007 as the bottom of the solar
cycle.  I sure hope so because conditions proved to be a pain in my bottom.
The raw score is down a whopping 30 percent from last year, with 40m suffering
the most.

40m was down 36 percent in Qs, and 30 percent in mults.  15m came in a close
second, down 37 percent in Qs, and 22 percent in mults.

160m fared the best with an 18 percent jump in Qs, and a 21 percent jump in
mults (that really sounds more impressive than it really is!).  80m was next
with an 8 percent increase in Qs, but a 5 percent decrease in mults.

During the contest I was concerned about my lackluster 40m numbers.  After all,
I worked a number of LP and QRP stations with very respectable signals.  So,
where was the volume; where were the mults?   After seeing some of the other
scores around the country, it appears 40m was just less productive this year.

Hopefully next year the bands will improve, otherwise I may give Danny, K7SS,
some competition in a SB 10m effort! :-)

Thank you to all of the fantastic operators that made it into the log,
including my only six band sweep with KH7X and PJ4G!

73 de Mitch, K7RL