[3830] ARRLDX SSB K1KD SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, yccc@yccc.org
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K1KD SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 19:27:20 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K1KD
Operator(s): K1KD
Station: K1KD

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: VT
Operating Time (hrs): 9.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   12    10
   80:   44    31
   40:   63    36
   20:  229    69
   15:    3     3
   10:
-------------------
Total:  351   149  Total Score = 155,556

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

First contest with the new TS-850 and running
SO2R using WriteLog and W5XD switch box.
The new rig arrived on the Monday before the contest
weekend which gave me enough time to get things
set up in the shack and configure the logging
program for two radios.

Since the logging computer only had one COM port,
it was necessary to install a PCI expansion RS232
card to interface to the second rig.  Installation went
smoothly and worked much better than a USB-to-serial
adapter that was previously used.

Conditions were tough Friday night as always, but
by Saturday afternoon I was working everybody
that came up in the bandmap.  It was really fun being
able to S&P on two bands at once.

Time was limited with my wife working all day Saturday.
Likely, my daughter (16 months) took a long nap in the
morning which allowed me to get a great run going to EU
in the late morning.  Due to family obligations I did not
operate at all on Sunday except to work Kurt for five
bands.  Total operating time was 9.5 hrs.