[3830] Commonwealth ZS6AAA Open HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Commonwealth ZS6AAA Open HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 04:07:00 -0700
                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest, CW

Call: ZS6AAA
Operator(s): ZS6AAA
Station: ZS6AAA

Class: Open HP
QTH: Johannesburg
Operating Time (hrs): 12

------------
   80:
   40:    5
   20:  188
   15:  225
   10:    8
------------
Total:  426  Total Score = 3,420

Club:

Comments:

(Previously ZS1AN)

I had planned to operate ZS0HQ, the South African headquarters station. However
I came down with a bad cold which convinced me to limit my operation to 12 hours
and enter in the Open section using my own call-sign. I'll try to get a proper
multi-op HQ station going next year.

Conditions here were poor to fair, with quite a lot of noise on the low bands.
However I was able to run quite often on 15m, and occasionally on 20m.

Kenwood TS-850S, Yaesu FL2100B (400W), C-31XR tribander, Mag Slot on 40m.

Thanks for the Qs and repeats, cu next year.
Andrew ZS6AAA / ex ZS1AN