[3830] Commonwealth VE3KI(@VE3RM) Open HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3iay@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] Commonwealth VE3KI(@VE3RM) Open HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 10:10:17 -0700
                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest, CW

Call: VE3KI
Operator(s): VE3KI
Station: VE3RM

Class: Open HP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs): 21
Radios: SO2R

------------
   80:  115
   40:  221
   20:  269
   15:   14
   10:    1
------------
Total:  620  Total Score = 6,040

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

I started out with a fairly significant sleep deficit already, so wasn't able to
sustain the full 24 hours (missed 3 hours in the 0400-0700 time slot on Sunday).
The last three hours were very slow (13 QSOs - but 11 of them were good for
bonuses); in fact, 462 of my QSOs and 4290 of my points were made in the first
12 hours.

Don had very kindly set up his station for SO2R for me - my first try at that.
Interstation noise on some band combinations meant that I was often not able to
listen on the second radio while the first one was transmitting, so it wasn't
the full SO2R experience, but probably a good way to get my toes wet.

Many thanks to Don for letting me use his station, for the setup work he did
ahead of time, and for the hospitality and pizza.