[3830] OkQP NO5W SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] OkQP NO5W SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 17:49:54 -0700
                    Oklahoma QSO Party

Call: NO5W
Operator(s): NO5W
Station: NO5W

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:
   80:
   40:    105       0
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------
Total:    105       0  Mults = 53  Total Score = 16,695

Club:

Comments:

Sunday morning I had just finished the first cup of coffee and, after realizing

that I had only fifteen minutes until the start, headed up the stairs to the
shack to see what conditions were like on 40M. Before I could turn on the power
supply the phone rang. Several computer processes at work were not updating.
Thinking There was no way application code that had successfully negotiated 4-5
daylight saving time switchovers could be failing I logged in to see what I
could find. Well, there was no problem with the applications but it was well
passed the closing bell of OK QP before the problem was isolated to two data
historian servers. So my OK QP was only about two-thirds as long as planned.

But what a great party it was on Saturday. Conditions between OK and Houston
were oustanding. In fact it was difficult, based on signal strength alone, to
tell which of the stations were fixed and which were mobile. Kudos to the OK QP

organizers for getting out some first-rate mobile CW operators including the
following with indicated number of Qs: W9MSE(16), W5L(14), K5O(13), N4O(11),
SOAPBOX: K5K(9), W0K(8), K5H(6), K5AAR(5), N5L(5), K5Y(3). The pileups late
Saturday afternoon on K5K were DX-pedition grade as he sat handing out Qs from
tri-county lines.

Well, the good news is, next year I'll be having that java in an OK Centennial
Cup having been successfull in working OKLAHOMA. Thanks again OK for making it
a fun event.

73/Chuck/NO5W