[3830] Commonwealth G4FAL Open HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, g4fal@riverauto.co.uk
Subject: [3830] Commonwealth G4FAL Open HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 06:02:51 -0700
                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest, CW

Call: G4FAL
Operator(s): G4FAL
Station: G4FAL

Class: Open HP
QTH: Sheffield
Operating Time (hrs): 18

------------
   80:   16
   40:   31
   20:   58
   15:   24
   10:    2
------------
Total:  131  Total Score = 2,910

Club: Sheffield ARC

Comments:

Rig: FT2k
Amp: Quadra
Aerials: 2 ele tribander, 40m and 80m dipoles
Software: Homebrew
Location: A 'leafy' suburb of Sheffield - a 'conservation area' - so not easy
to have good aerials.

Mostly S&P as very few contacts as a result of calling (about 4).
Personally I blame our forebears; if their imperialist ambitions had played out
closer to home, then this contest would have been a damn sight easier - no easy
runs of local stations when operating with modest aerials.

I always enjoy this one as I have a sister in Manitoba (VE4, but none worked
this time) and a brother and sister in Victoria (VK3). Also visited friends in
Malawi and operated as 7Q7NT a couple of years back. Will have to try the
contest from outside the UK before long.

My qso count was slightly ahead of last year. 80m was a little disappointing
but I was pleased with 15m and even a couple of Qs on 10m into Africa.