[3830] Commonwealth VA3RAC(VE3KZ) Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3kz@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] Commonwealth VA3RAC(VE3KZ) Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 09:25:57 -0700
                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest, CW

Call: VA3RAC
Operator(s): VE3KZ
Station: VE3KZ

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Milton, ON
Operating Time (hrs): 18

------------
   80:  101
   40:  110
   20:  300
   15:   29
   10:    3
------------
Total:  543  Total Score = 6,015

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Managed to get through without a computer crash this year! Conditions were not
great and the QRN on 80m sounded like an early Spring! My apologies for those
that I couldn't detect through the rolling crashes. At least it wasn't local.
My beverages were out of commission, the feeds still under 2 or 3 feet of icey
snow. Those transformers etc are going up on a pole when Spring does come.
All QSO's on 40 were with a 33' vertical, always better than the 40m dipole at
65 feet, however the dipole was just fine on 15m, but the S/N will be better
with something directional up on that empty tower.
Just passed the magic 70 mark personally, same age as BERU! It doesn't get any
easier! After two QSO's in the wee hours with VP8NO that were an hour apart on
80 and 40, I hit the sack. Nice bonuses but things were just a little too
slow!
Thanks to all the Commonwealth stations that worked VA3RAC HQ. Always fun to
supply those extra bonus points. I think that the HQ scoring should be points
provided, not points earned. That's why we do it, after all. Make my score
13,575 ;-)

73 Bob VE3KZ