[3830] Rus DX VO1HP SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, fdavis@nfld.net
Subject: [3830] Rus DX VO1HP SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 07:02:17 -0700
                    Russian DX Contest

Call: VO1HP
Operator(s): VO1HP
Station: VO1HP

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: The Rock
Operating Time (hrs): 11

  160:   38     0        14         2
   80:   40     0        25         2
   40:   58     0        27         1
   20:  220     0        43        39
   15:    0     0         0         0
   10:    0     0         0         0
Total:  356     0       109        44  Total Score = 323,901

Club: East Coast Canada Contest Club

Comments:

Condx not good here . Started out LP but had to go to Hp to make any headway.
Too bad this one was on St Patricks day this year ... too many distractions
here. Had to play two music gigs and enjoy an Irish Stew dinner!!....Didn't
operate at all Sat afternoon and night.  Finally got back on at 12:30 a.m.
local Sunday.  Stayed at it all nite only because I had to pick up my XYL
arriving on a flight at 4:30a.m.!....Numbers way down from last year.

I like this contest a lot and really enjoy hearing all those exotic Russian and
CIS prefixes.  Worked three ZL's and one VK on 40....and 9N7JO on 20m Tnx Stig!
At first I concentrated on only 10 and 5 pointers and until later when the well
stared to run dry.  90% S&P.

Log up on LoTW and eQSL.

BARTG RTTY is on now as well and just made about 25 Q's but think I have to
pull out and go horizintal for a while...falling asleep in the middle of an
exchange is a bit much !

73 Frank VO1HP
www.vo1hp.ca