[3830] WPX SSB K6GEP SO(A)AB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, timgep@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB K6GEP SO(A)AB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 17:34:21 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: K6GEP
Operator(s): K6GEP
Station: K6GEP

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 15

------------
  160:    2
   80:   95
   40:   68
   20:  102
   15:   13
   10:    2
------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

20 meters started out white-hot on Friday night.  When it closed, the QSY
to 40 and 80 was greeted with nasty QRN.  I'm not sure if it was the storms
over New Mexico, or a solar flare, but the QRN was S9.

20 was so-so on Saturday.  15 open just a peep.  80 meters was tremendous
on Saturday night.  The QRN disappeared and it was clear sailing.

No openings for me to Europe on 20.  Worked very few JA's.

I entered as assisted, but I don't think I got any prefixes from spots.
I looked at the big picture about what band was open etc.

Best DX: D44AC on 20 and 80.

Rig: FT-990
Antennas:
      Sloping 80 meter dipole from 50 feet
      40 meter inverted vee at 50 feet
      Sloping 40 meter dipole from 50 feet running N-S (Sunday afternoon)
      Sloping 20 meter dipole from 40 feet (Sunday afternoon)
      Alpha Delta DX-CC Inverted V  at 20 feet

Software:
      N3FJP - worked well