[3830] WPX SSB WX3B M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wx3b@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB WX3B M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 20:04:41 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: WX3B
Operator(s): WX3B, N3ST, N3SB, K1RH, N3YIM, W3RAR, KB3NGI, K3LP, W3ARS, N3VOP,
NY3A, NY3A/MARY-JO
Station: WX3B

Class: M/M HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 36

------------
  160:  257
   80:  620
   40:  814
   20: 1077
   15:   72
   10:   14
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

A favorite contest of WX3B!  I must admit an envy to all of you with
large towers and stacked arrays on the high bands.   This year's
effort was toned down (ah....we too almost all of Saturday OFF from
9:15am to 3:30pm)  and we featured several new WPX Contesters.  Our
star surprise effort was made by Mary-Jo (NY3A's Girlfriend) who could
be heard CQing late in the afternoon on 75 meters.  Congratulations to
Bob, W3RAR for his first run of Europeans on 160 meters, and to W3ARS
and NY3A for slugging it out on 20 meters and running Europe Sunday.
Thanks to K1RH for supplying drinks & snacks and tirelessly CQing on 40 meters

(again) - at least this time you got some play time in on 20m.   It
was also Mark's first guest appearance at WX3B (KB3NGI) and it looked
like Mark was having fun even though his bands weren't always the
"hot" ones.  Mark picked right up on the end of contest PASS EVERYBODY
to ALL bands idea.   K3LP brought his son Ryan over and I wish I had
captured the sweet bed-time picture of David sleeping and Ryan curled
up next to him.   N3VOP had the exitement of a child at Christmas
after working some JAs on 20 meters Sunday evening.  It was good
seeing Steve, N3SB after about a year off from contesting at WX3B.
Steve has tirelessly answered the call for many of WX3B's antenna
parties and loaned the equipment for the 10m operating position.
Bryan, N3ST had to make due with low antennas this weekend, he is used
to a 160 foot self supporting tower at his own home.  N3YIM pounced
his way around a hot 20 meter band and was seen at the contest SEVERAL
times over the weekend. A Great weekend - special thanks to all my
spotting "cheerleaders....and there were many of you this weekend.