[3830] WPX SSB NN4GG SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4gg@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB NN4GG SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 21:51:25 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: NN4GG
Operator(s): N4GG
Station: N4GG

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 21:20
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:   82
   80:  195
   40:  443
   20:  588
   15:   96
   10:   31
------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Wasn't planning on getting in it at all, but somehow the rig sucked me in and
once I got started it was hard to quit.  Even an SSB contest on dipoles with no
sunspots is better than no contest.  Low bands were noisy the first night but
propagation was good and the QRN was off the back of the RX antenna.  Second
night didn't seem nearly as good but was a lot quieter.  Could never get much
going on 20 as 'wires in the woods' are just not hacking it when 20 is the only
open band and propagation is poor.
This was the first outing for the NN4GG call - which was not as successful as
hoped.  I think I was the only NN4 on, but most of the operating was S&P, so I
spent a lot of time convincing folks who recognize my voice and saw N4GG in SCP
that there was another "N" in the call.  A lot of folks busted my call to N4GG
-despite trying my best to convince them to accept a new mult!  The few runs I
had going were another story - once spotted the NN4 call got a lot of action.
It will be NN4GG again in WPX-CW, but after that - I'm not so sure.

2X FT-1000MP+Inrad & ACOM 2000A; Writelog, HB SO2R, Wires in the woods that now
include a K9AY loop that was a huge help (TNX Gary!).