[3830] Rus DX CN2R(W7EJ) SOSB/80 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jims@psws.com
Subject: [3830] Rus DX CN2R(W7EJ) SOSB/80 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 09:53:25 -0700
                    Russian DX Contest

Call: CN2R
Operator(s): W7EJ
Station: CN2R

Class: SOSB/80 HP
QTH: Morocco
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:
   80:  618    585       87        58
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
Total:  618    585       87        58  Total Score = 1,058,935

Club:

Comments:

Condx were good , QRN was low. Its very difficult to work the Asiatic Oblasts
from North Africa on the low bands. It is easier for me to work non-Russian
stations in this test, due to my distance from Russia. These QSOs are worth
only 5 points!
The rules of this test make it much easier to generate a big score if you are
close to Russia. The countries that border Russia can work fewer QSOs then me
(more Russians), yet have the same score as my station. In addition they only
have to copy a 2 letter Oblasts that are already defined. If you make more
non-Russian QSOs you are copying exchanges that are 2 or 3 or 4 digits. None of
these digits can be predetermined from the call of the QSO (ie: UA3M). This
issue greatly increases your probability of copying the exchange of the
non-Russian QSO incorrectly. You are 'rewarded' with 5 points for this
increased risk!
I realize the desire to encourage Russian QSOs with the 10 points per QSO, but
this rule may be discouraging distant participants in the World category.

Do we really need 10 pt bonus Russian Qsos?
Contestors already get a bonus by working Russian stations because the exchange
is predetermined by the Russian Call.
Why not make them 5 points or 6 points to lower the 'distance from Russia'
penality.
I also understand that it is impossible to make the rules equal and fair to
all.
Perhaps something can be done to make the World categories less dependent on
your proximity to Russia.

Thanks to all for the QSOs