[3830] JIDX CW VA7ST SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] JIDX CW VA7ST SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 17:44:18 -0700
                    JIDX CW Contest

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:
   40:  10      9
   20:   1      1
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  11     10  Total Score = 110

Club:

Comments:

* 40M half-squre NW/SE
* 40M 2-ele vertical array NE/SW
* 3-element tribander @ 45 feet, aimed E whole time
* All-band trapped vertical on 36 radials

SFI=68 -- the very bottom of the solar cycle. Doesn't get lower than that
(knock on wood).

Weak propagation and JAs were few and far between. Disappointing turnout. I
think this one may have had its day. Will have to wait for another year or two
to see what better propagation will bring, but JIDX participation seems deeply
eroded for now.

Had a total loon harass me on 80M Saturday morning when a handful of JAs were
actually making it through. I quit rather than deal with the idiot. Never made
an 80M JA contact as a result.