[3830] GaQP K5YAA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5yaa@okdxa.org
Subject: [3830] GaQP K5YAA Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 18:53:55 -0700
                    Georgia QSO Party

Call: K5YAA
Operator(s): K5YAA
Station: K5YAA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OK
Operating Time (hrs): 20
Radios: SO2R

   80:   20      2
   40:  238     39
   20:   90     18
   15:    0      0
   10:    0      0
--------------------
Total:  348     59  CW Mults = 146  Ph Mults = 42  Total Score = 141,940

Club: Oklahoma DX Association

Comments:

When it was finished I sat back and was reminded of the scene from the movie The
Great Escape when the yanks were sampling their potatoe based white lightnin'
"Wow" was the word but it was more of a gasp!  20 hours chasing mobiles around
and checking the WX that moved in on them Saturday evening to see how well they
held up.  Fortunately they all came out from under the water OK - at least I
think they did as the action resumed rather quickly.

Some FB operating by all of the mobiles.  Here's my count of Qs and Mults
created by them.

- Qs - (Counties)

N4PN  - 82 - (41)
NY4N  - 50 - (39)
K4BAI - 43 - (36)
W3DYA - 43 - (31)
NM2L  - 31 - (24)
W4MY  - 19 - (17)
KN4Y  -  8 - (7)
K4GA  -  7 - (5)
KC4HW -  3 - (2)
KÃ?EJ  -  2 - (2)

Talk about some gasoline usage!  The mobiles made the event for sure as I
couldn't buy a GA station with a CQ.  I think maybe 5 answered the numerous CQs
I made.

I was accused by one of the mobiles of having 8 or 10 receivers but actually
just 2!  Took that as a compliment.

There were times on 20 meters Sunday when some of the mobiles were +20 to +30
over.  Other times I could barely read 'em.  W3DYA can hear grass grow I
think.
Got beat out by Europeans a number of times.  Big signals from them.

The most memorable moment was listening to the PILE on N4PN in WHEELER county!
Up, over, in between and off to the side is the kind of operating it took to get
that Q in the log.  Paul was crankin' 'em out.  Minutes later the same kind of
pile up occurred on K4BAI I think in PEACH county.

I missed 13 counties for a sweep.  They were:
ATKN, BERR, BRAN, CHTM, ECHO, GLYN, HANC, MCDU,
PIER, SEMI, WALK, WARR, WCOX

73 es thanks to the SECC for a great party.
K5YAA