[3830] GaQP W1UE Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nb1b@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] GaQP W1UE Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 14:36:41 -0700
                    Georgia QSO Party

Call: W1UE
Operator(s): W1UE
Station: W1UE

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs): 19

   80:   17      3
   40:  202     33
   20:  109     13
   15:    0      0
   10:    0      0
--------------------
Total:  328     49  CW Mults = 137  Ph Mults = 33  Total Score = 121,380

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Great mobile participation!  63% of my QSOs were made with the following
stations:
N4PN-  62
K4BAI- 41
NY4N-  41
W3DYA- 39
NM2L-  35
W4MY-  17

I was just going to play for a few hours and got hooked.  40M was open to GA
the entire contest.  After awhile, I got into a rhythm- find the mobiles, work
them, tune around and call a few CQs, find the mobiles again, work them, tune
around and call a few CQs, etc.  When they changed counties, it was helpful to
find the mobiles before they were spotted- they were much easier to work.
There were some pretty huge pile-ups on Sunday when a new county was suddenly
activated.

I did manage to work 144 of the 159 counties from here- looks like I got nosed
out by K5YAA and maybe W8MJ.  Counties missed: Atkn, Berr, Bran, Brok, Burk,
Cltn, Echo, Glyn, McDu, Pier, Semi, Stwt, Warr, Wcox, Wfld.  10 of those 16
were also missed by K5YAA, so I was in good company.

To the organizers- nice job!  Hope to see everyone in the NEQP May 5-6!

Dennis W1UE