[3830] OnQP K0HC(@W0BH) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0bh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] OnQP K0HC(@W0BH) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 09:27:07 -0700
                    Ontario QSO Party

Call: K0HC
Operator(s): W0BH + STUDENTS
Station: W0BH

Class: M/S HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 6

  160:
   80:
   40:   3       1      4
   20:   5      11     14
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
---------------------------
Total:   8      12     18  Total Score = 936

Club: Hesston College ARC

Comments:

Since the same comments apply to both the MIQP and ONQP, the following is posted
to both events:

Score includes 3 contacts with bonus stations.

I was asked to demo ham radio at a Hesston College Aviation event at the Newton
City-County Airport in Newton KS. A station was set up inside the Hesston
College hanger and students had fun working Ontario (and Michigan for the
MIQP). It was so windy that I didn't want to try getting on the roof to put up
antennas, so used the Hustler verticals on the van parked outside on the ramp.
When I arrived at the airport, power had just gone out and didn't return for
the next 3 hours, so everyone got a good emergency ops demo, too!

Operating conditions were great during the late morning and early afternoon
with signals booming through the external speaker. Couldn't ask for better.
After the event, went back to the home QTH and one of my students continued
operating both events from there with me "helping" on the CW.

Thanks to all the rovers and fixed stations for making this an enjoyable
weekend, and thanks to the contest sponsors and coordinators for putting it all
together.  I think we might have gotten several new recruits to ham radio!

73, Bob, w0bh