[3830] FlQP N2CU SOABCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] FlQP N2CU SOABCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 04:59:33 -0700
                    Florida QSO Party

Call: N2CU
Operator(s): N2CU
Station: N2CU

Class: SOABCW LP
QTH: NY
Operating Time (hrs):

   40:  240     0
   20:  284     0
   15:    2     0
   10:    0     0
--------------------
Total:  526     0  CW Mults = 67  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 140,968

Club: WNYCC

Comments:

What can I say but - WOW! Things started out pretty slowly and band conditions
were so bad I almost threw in the towel Saturday evening. But at the break I
had 66 counties and NF4A said he would be on Sunday morning from the last I
needed - GAD. About 15 minutes before the start on Sunday I was in QSO with
NF4A when KI4TG broke in and said he was already in GAD. Got the first QSO with
him at 12:00Z and the sweep.

This was a two band contest for us up north. No propagation on 15 or 10,
although I kept checking just in case. 20m shut down early but 40m was workable
throughout the day. I do believe we are at the absolute bottom of the solar
cycle! The mobiles did an outstanding job. But one station in particular had a
hard time hearing me. He'd CQ over and over and almost never come back. Must
have had high QRN. Then there were a few that came back to me on my first call
almost every time - even when they were at ESP level and a pileup roaring. Good
ops! The mobile king this year is K4KG with 41 QSO's. Thanks George. Kudos to
all the other mobiles too: N4KK (38), W4SAA (37), N4PN & K4OJ (35), NO5W (34),
KI4TG (31), W4AN (29), AD8J & KN4Y (21), NF4A (20), W4F (17), N4OO (14), N4EEB
(10), AD4Z (8), KC4HW (6), and W5WMU, K2CIB and W4ZW (5). Total mobiles = 412.
N1MM says I put in 19.8 hours but a quick search of the log shows about 2 hours
off in 10 and 20 minute intervals, so I put in 18 BIC (butt-in-chair) hours.

Thanks FCG for another great contest and can't wait until the sunspots get
going again. Now to go look for BS7H...

FT1000MP, TH6DXX 50', 40m 1/4 wave sloper, 40m dipole 32', N1MM Logger.

73,
Tom N2CU <><