[3830] NCCC Sprint K3STX LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K3STX LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 07:34:05 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - May 4

Call: K3STX
Operator(s): K3STX
Station: K3STX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   3      3
   80:  11      8
   40:  11      9
   20:  10      8
-------------------
Total:  35     28  Total Score = 980

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

My best score yet, and I would have met my 1000 point/40 Q goal if I had just
turned that damned second radio off earlier. I am new to SO2R, and ZERO Qs in
the first 2 min, I had a grand total of 2 QSOs 5 min into the contest!! I
thought, enough with this, off with radio 2, and then made 33 more Qs in the
remaining 25 min. Have I learned my lesson? Only time will tell, but I am not
sure a 30 min long contest is the best way to learn SO2R, maybe NAQP or WPX
will be more friendly to me.

Thanks for all the Qs guy, it was fun (except for the horrendous QRN on 20,
what was up with THAT!?).

paul