[3830] 7QP K4XU/7 Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4xu@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] 7QP K4XU/7 Mobile LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 12:06:11 -0700
                    7th Area QSO Party

Call: K4XU/7
Operator(s): K4XU
Station: K4XU/7

Class: Mobile LP
QTH: ID/WA/OR
Operating Time (hrs): 13

  160:
   80:
   40:  135
   20:  457
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Total:  592     0  Mults = 56  Total Score = 99,456

Club: CODXC

Comments:

Long trip. Diver Charlie, KI6Y, did a masterful job. We averaged 59 mph over 760
miles in 12:50. It included some very "high-G" driving in the river valley
crossings, the stuff that might make the passenger toss his lunch....  Anyway,
this was enough to get us home before dark and in time for dinner with the rest
of the CODXC gang at our Multi-multi N7LE operation at WS7N's QTH in Bend.

I had decided that ssb from the mobile on a rig without VOX (TS-50) was not
worth the effort. That may have been an error score-wise but a using a hand
mike was out of the question.

Maybe next year we will add single mode categories. This was noly the second
running of the 7QP and it is by no means a static event. We want to improve it,
more attractive and compatible with the other events on the weekend. I would be
interested in comments from the participants.