[3830] 7QP NN7ZZ(N5LZ) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 7QP NN7ZZ(N5LZ) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 20:09:47 -0700
                    7th Area QSO Party

Call: NN7ZZ
Operator(s): N5LZ
Station: N5LZ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: UTCAC
Operating Time (hrs): 17

  160:    5      0
   80:   84     31
   40:  222     99
   20:  385    292
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
--------------------

Club: Utah DX Assn

Comments:

I spent the entire contest CQing...using only one
radio...FT1000MP/Alpha89â?¦..I'm too old and retarded for the SO2R stuff ... I
started on 20 meters and pretty much stayed there all day ... alternating
between CW and Phone with much more time spent on CW ... With the rates good
mults coming in there seemed to be no point changing bands since like SS mults
count only once, no matter which band or mode you work them..... by 0000 gmt I
had all the state mults and 8 Canadian province mults ... including a VY1 who
called me! .... And lots of DX ... European stations just kept coming on 20M
all through the day ... at times propagation to the eastern US dropped off, but
the Europeans were still strong, and that kept the rates up...

I went to 40 meters about 0000 gmt and 80 meters about 0300 and then switched
around between them and 160 for the rest of the contest.... QRN was horrendous
on 40 and 80.   I don't use receive antennas, so I paid dearly for that

Logging for these QSO parties is always a problem for me�� trying to figure
how to enter mobile stations who will likely be worked again on the same
band/mode without making them a dupe, dealing with the county line mobiles,
etc., etc. ... I always use a bunch of slashes after callsign entries
(NN7ZZ/M/CAC, etc.), which works to solve the dupe problem, but the software
never seems to calculate the score and mults correctly

Thanks for all the Qs â?¦ and many thanks to Tom, K5RC, the Oregon guys, and
the state captains for promoting and making this such a great contest  ....

Don, N5LZ ... NN7ZZ