[3830] FlQP N8II SOABSSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] FlQP N8II SOABSSB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 06:01:35 -0700
                    Florida QSO Party

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SOABSSB HP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs):

   40:          28
   20:         159
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:   0     187  CW Mults = 0  Ph Mults = 44  Total Score = 16,456

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

At this point near the bottom of the cycle, it's impossible to be
 competitive in the FQP from this area because of skipping over FL on
 20 M. By 21Z Saturday 20 was virtually dead to FL. Sunday, 20 didn't
 really open until about 1430Z and then northern FL was skipping over
 my QTH near DC all day. The closest I could work was BRE/CIT/PIN and
 briefly into ESC/ALC. My main focus was the NeQP; with a full blown
 effort maybe 50-70 more phone QSO's would have been possible. 40 meter
 phone was a very lonely place Saturday night at the same time the CW
 end was loaded with strong mobile signals, so I started a check log
 on CW and ended up making 100 Qâ??s about half on 40. I didn't have my
 5 el 20M yagi until after 17Z Sunday due to rotator problems which
 hurt as well.
 I do appreciate the calls from the mobiles and all the casual ops on
 20, but can't really say it was fun. Phone mobile activity did seem
 to be up and thanks to K2CIB and NX1C for searching me out. I
 probably won't be back until 2009.