[3830] NewEngQP N1E(@K1EP) M/S Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k1ep@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NewEngQP N1E(@K1EP) M/S Mobile LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 19:35:09 -0700
                    New England QSO Party

Call: N1E
Operator(s): K1EP, W1VE
Station: K1EP

Class: M/S Mobile LP
QTH: NE
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:     27       0
   40:     79       0
   20:    245       8
   15:      0       0
   10:      0       0
------------------------
Total:    351       8  Mults = 54  Total Score = 38,664

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks for all the Qs.  We had many Murphy moments during the contest.  One of
the funniest moments, however, was Sunday morning when we worked a WV station.
I remarked to W1VE that I have noticed a lot of 160 stations from WV.  He said,
like N8II?  As soon as he uttered the letters N8II, N8II actually called us on
CW for the first time in the contest.  We had several computer problems which
at times prevented us from hearing weaker signals and from actually sending the
correct information.  That was usually due to pilot error.  At one point we
forgot to keep the car battery charged (ie engine running) and we had to push
start the car.  The weather was great, but it seemed activity was down.  We got
a bit discouraged by the noise problems and lack of signals at times.  We should
have hit many more counties, but got a late start and had to fix some computer
problems.  We'll do better next time.  QSL VIA K1EP direct or via BURO.  Will
get LoTW up as soon as I apply for a cert.