[3830] NCCC Sprint N2ZN LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint N2ZN LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 21:12:08 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - May 11

Call: N2ZN
Operator(s): N2ZN
Station: N2ZN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WNY
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:
   80:   9      7
   40:  11      8
   20:   9      6
-------------------
Total:  29     21  Total Score = 609

Club: Rochester (NY) DX Assn

Comments:

Did not use second radio this week-it is back in the car for the MAQP this
weekend.  RF was getting into the computer on 20 and causing the rig to
dead-key, so I spent the first 5 minutes or so trying to fix it before canning
it and sending with paddles.  Computer worked ok on other bands, though.
Naturally, during SNS and before 0330z, everything was normal and no RF
problems.  Mult total about the same, but QSO total down.  I can't seem to
break the 20-22 range with mults.  Missed N4OGW altogether, but did find VA7ST
twice.  Also heard IL, WA, IN but didn't work them.  I switched to 160 meters
at the end but couldn't work anybody.  No second radio this week.  I think NS
is not a good place to practice SO2R because it lends itself to recklessness
(at least for me) because of the legal dupes.  I tend to throw my call at
ANYthing on the second radio and pick up the callsign in the exchange.  Bad.
Trying to make up for small antennas, I guess.

Quick plug: I'll be out this weekend in the Mid Atlantic QSO Party mobiling
from 5 or 6 counties here in WNY, so if you have some time starting Saturday at
1600z until 0400z Sunday, look for MAQP stations on the usual QSO party
frequencies.  Last year's activity seemed a little light; any support would be
great.

73, Ken N2ZN

                            NS LADDER 1.16 - N2ZN
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
160M:
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
80M:
 1 GA   2 KS   3 MA   4 MD   5 NC   6 TN   7 WI
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
40M:
 1 AR   2 BC   3 CA   4 MT   5 NV   6 TN   7 TX   8 WI
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
20M:
 1 CA   2 CO   3 FL   4 GA   5 TN   6 TX
160M  QSOS  =   0 in  0 minutes