[3830] Volta RTTY K4GMHJ SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4gmh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] Volta RTTY K4GMHJ SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 19:06:41 -0700
                    Volta RTTY DX Contest

Call: K4GMHJ
Operator(s): K4GMHJ
Station: K4GMHJ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 8
Radios: SO2R

   80:    0     0     0
   40:   33   539    22
   20:  234  3493    57
   15:   75   668    29
   10:    2     2     1
-------------------------
Total:  344  4702   109  Total Score = 176,306,192

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks to the sponsors of the Volta Contest for the effort they put in to
continue the Contest for the forty first year.

Thanks, also, to all who put up with all the requests for repeats and those
that could copy me and yet I could not copy.  Trouble was a number of storms
raising the noise level starting approximately 4 hours into the Contest.  Had a
couple of non-contest activities planned for the afternoon which took about
several hours.  The noise level continued to increase throughout the late
afternoon and early evening.  Eventually, the storms got close enough where had
to quit due to lightning in the area.  Really missed out not operating this
Contest for the full amount, but thought it prudent to disconnect all the lines
coming into the shack and call it quits around 0030Z.  Storms were still in the
area when went to bed at 0400Z.

The Contest had an excellent start with Japan and other Asian stations coming
in on 20 meters without any polar flutter.  They were equal in strength to the
European signals.  Even 15 meters was open to Europe for a while.
Unfortunately, the storms took care of a continued good contest at this
location.

Until the next one

      73,
      Mike, K4GMH