[3830] WPX CW VE3EY(@VE3SY) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3ey@rogers.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW VE3EY(@VE3SY) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 05:34:12 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: VE3EY
Operator(s): VE3EY
Station: VE3SY

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs): 35.5
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    1
   80:  143
   40:  791
   20: 1043
   15:   84
   10:   22
------------

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Another big thanks to Paul, VE3SY for letting me operate his station in WPX.  He
spent lots of time fixing antennas for days prior to this event and he didn't
mind me tearing his shack apart to re-wire things for SO2R.   Also thanks to
Paul, VE3TA for loaning to me his Acom 2000A amplifier and Dragan, VE3FF for
MK2R SO2R box which I have used for the first time.

This was essentially a two band event.   The overall numbers are way down from
last year - even on 20m which is typically a money band at VE3SY's.  20m was
packed with huge EU signals but there were hardly any runs until evening hours.
 The only memorable moments I had was on 40 meters which was open quite nicely
into EU both evenings.  I also worked few EUs on 10m in the evening hours with
antennas pointed due south.  They sounded as if they were coming from the
twilight zone :-)